Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Actual Tips and Advice

I finally reinstalled SimCity 4 and have gotten back to the point of 2005-2006, when I had a Mac and was optimistic about BATting.

I noticed that the graphics were "tearing" (lines between tiles, even when the tile grid was turned off).

I determined that the tearing was simply the result of a bad porting job. Here's what I did.

1) First, I turned off all the mods I had (which admittedly, wasn't much) and restarted.

2) Next, I switched the resolution to 800x600. Not only did this make everything really ugly, but it didn't fix the problem.

So that's when I chalked it up to a bad port job. Thanks a lot, Aspyr. And a big real thanks to Apple for switching to Intel and making Boot Camp available.

Now all I need is a copy of Windows.

EDIT: It's possible I need the other graphics.sgr file, but I'll have to look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment